ADD A MANAGER
Only the owner of a Brand Account can grant people access to a YouTube channel.
- On YouTube, sign in as the owner of the Brand Account.
- In the top right, click the account icon and select the channel you want to manage.
- Go to the channel's account settings by clicking the channel icon > then Settings or settings icon .
- Click Add or remove managers. You'll be redirected to the "Brand Account details" page.
- Next to "Managers," click Manage permissions.
- Add a manager: Enter the email address for the person you want to be a manager. Click Invite. Once they accept the invitation, they’ll be able to access the channel from their own Google Account. You can also do this to change an owner to a manager.
CHECK IF YOU HAVE A BRAND ACCOUNT
- Go to www.youtube.com/account_advanced. You may need to sign in first.
- Check under "Account information" for one of the following:
- If you see the message "You are the owner of this channel and the connected Brand Account," you have a Brand Account. You can now follow the instructions to change channel owners and managers.
- If you don't see the note or an option to add managers, you need to create a new Brand Account or associate your channel with an existing Brand Account.
- If you know you have a Brand Account, click your account icon in the top right and make sure you're using the right account.
On YouTube, you can only use one channel at a time. Even if you have a Brand Account, it doesn't mean that you're automatically using it. Learn how to switch between accounts.
CREATE A NEW BRAND ACCOUNT
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or using the mobile site.
- Go to your channel list.
- Click Create a new channel.
- Fill out the details to name the Brand Account and verify your account. Then, click Done. This creates your new Brand Account.
- Use the account switcher in the top right to sign in to your personal YouTube channel (the one you want to move to the Brand Account).
- Go to your advanced account settings. You can get there by clicking your account icon in the top right > Settings or . Next to your name information on the overview page, click Advanced.
- Under "Account information," click the Move channel to Brand Account link.
- Enter your password. You'll see some information about your channel and what it's currently connected to.
- Click Select desired account and choose the Brand Account from the list.
- In the "Already has a YouTube channel" box, click Delete channel.
- Check how your channel name will appear after moving, then click Move channel.